I had lots of fun making this “Tunnel Card”. It’s a technique that I saw on several blogs and decided to try it myself. I did it in a beach theme – go figure! I love this card format because it looks like a regular card from the front until you open it up and get a little surprise.
- For this card, I cut one piece of Lost Lagoon and one piece of Pool Party, both cut at 5-1/2” x 4-1/4”.
- Slide the piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock into your Simply Scored horizontally and score at 2-1/8”, 4-1/4” and 6-3/8”. Fold it at the 4-1/4” score and then fold the other two score marks creating a mountain and two valleys. Use one of the oval framelits and center it over the 4-1/4” fold and run through the Big Shot creating an oval ‘window’.
- Center this over the Pool Party piece of cardstock and make a few light pencil marks on the Pool Party layer around the oval cut so you will be able to tell where your ‘window’ is and be able to stamp your images so they will be visible.
- I decorated the Lost Lagoon layer with the oval window with the Fan Coral stamp from By the Tide in Crumb Cake. I then ran it through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. Hint: Stamp first and then run through with the Embossing Folder.
- Hint: Stamp the back layer before you score it! Stamp the Pool Party layer with the Turtle stamp with Crumb Cake, the Fan Coral stamp with Crumb Cake, the Seahorse with Wild Wasabi and the ‘scatter’ image from Gorgeous Grunge with Pool Party randomly in the background. I then inked the Jellyfish with Versamark and then with Lost Lagoon and stamped it; sprinkled Heat & Stick Powder on it and heated it and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over it to make it sparkle! After this layer is all stamped, score it at 4-1/4″
- Once I had all the background images stamped and scored, I laid the two panels together and glued them together putting glue only up to the two folds on each side of the top panel.
- I stamped ‘the little things’ from the Hello Life stamp set and cut it out with the Handpicked Framelits and glued in place to the inside front oval cut.
- For the card front: A Lost Lagoon layer 5-1/4” x 4” and a Pool Party layer 3-3/4” x 5”. I stamped the greeting from Hello Life on the Pool Party layer with Lost Lagoon ink. I stamped the Lighthouse with Crumb Cake. From the Work of Art stamp set, I used the swooshy stamp and Crumb Cake and make little hills under the Lighthouse. These two panels were glued together and then glued to the card front.
Ink: Lost Lagoon (133644), Crumb Cake (126975), Wild Wasabi (126959), Pool Party (126982), VersaMark (102283)
Cardstock: Pool Party (122924), Lost Lagoon (133679)
Other: Oval Framelits (129381), Heat & Stick Powder (100625), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (133751), Handpicked Framelits (137361), Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder (133739)
Technique: Tunnel Card