These are the awesome cards that were submitted for the 2020 New Catalog Swap. You should join us for the Holiday Mini Swap and get some fun mail.
I am such a nut for Halloween and always enjoy creating a fun Halloween card. Hope you enjoy this one!
Wonderfully Wicked (#150547)
Basic Black (#121045)
8-1/2" x 5-1/2" scored at 2", 3-1/8", 5-3/8", 6-1/2"
Black Foil (#147898)
1" square for the spider
Highland Heather (#146986)
1-3/4" x 5-1/4" - cut two
1" x 5-1/4" - cut two
2" x 5-1/4" - cut two
Gorgeous Grape (#146987)
4-3/4" x 2" (for the Wicked framelit)
Gorgeous Grape (#147099)
Memento Black (#132708)
Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder (#149643)
Wicked Dies (#150725)
Champagne Shimmer Paint (#147044)
NOTE: I wish I had remembered to use the new black ones that are in the Holiday Mini (#150893) that I have!!
- Score the card base at 2″, 3-1/8″, 5-3/8″, 6-1/2″ and fold.
- Stamp the images on the Highland Heather pieces and run them through the die-cutting/embossing machine with the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder. Do not emboss one of the 2″ x 5-1/4″ pieces. This gets glued to the back center panel for your message and signature.
- Die-cut a spider with the piece of Black Foil
- Die-cut the word Wicked with the piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock. Sparkle spray with the Champagne Shimmer Paint/alcohol mix. (Get the PDF for the recipe below.)
- Punch a hole about 3/4″ from the top of the center piece and run a piece of black Baker’s Twine through the hole and catch on the back side with tape. Attach the Spider to the end of the twine with a dimensional.
- Glue all the panels in place and then glue the “Wicked” in place – put glue only on the part of the word that will adhere to the front panel.
- Glue the remaining panel to the center back of the card for verse and signature.
- NOTE: When I make this card again, I will cut a second “Wicked” framelit from a piece of Black cardstock to give the word extra backing.
If you’d like to make this card, shop for the supplies – HERE!
Extra information for reserving your Stamparatus (Love the name – as I’ve said before – but more importantly, I love what it will do for you!)
If you are interested in reserving your Stamparatus – please read through the following – to the end!
Either TODAY or any day between December 5 and December 30 you need to know the following. Reservations open today (Dec 5) at 4:00 pm ET!
- If you are going to RESERVE a Stamparatus, the first thing you will need to do is set up an account in my online store here. You can do that now so you will be ready!
- Starting December 5 through December 30 – you will need to go to stampingup.com . There will be a link right on the home page to click to RESERVE your Stamparatus. Click on that link and you will need to follow the directions. You may order only ONE but there are no limits for customer orders so that reservation window will not close until December 30 at midnight (MT).
- This will RESERVE your Stamparatus. They will begin shipping March 19. It is important to know that they will ship ‘first order in – first order out’ so the sooner you order the sooner yours will ship.
- When your Stamparatus is ready to ship, you will get an email notifying you that it is in your cart. I will send out a reminder the first of March to remind you to watch for that email. You will be able to add to that order. IMPORTANT!!! The Stamparatus is $49 and Sale-A-Bration will be going on at that time. If you add anything to your order, you will qualify for at least one FREE item with that order! Please also use the Hostess Code that will be current at that time – you will find that on the home page here – inkup.us .
- Please also refer to the Q&A that will be posted there for additional information. If you still have questions – give me a call.
I love the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and Detailed Dragonfly thinlits – one of the products in the new 2017 Occasions Catalog! I plan on doing more cards with this set.
You can use your bone folder to gently roll the dragonfly wings before you glue it in place.
1. Fold the Mint Macaron card base.
Tape/glue the Whisper White layer to the card base.
2. Randomly stamp the dots across the top and across the
bottom of the Dapper Denim layer.
3. Using the smaller dragonfly thinlit, cut one from the
Dapper Denim layer – a little above center. You can keep or
discard the dragonfly that is cut out.
4. Use the dragonfly thinlit with the detailed wings, cut one from
Vellum Cardstock. Lightly brush this dragonfly with a sponge
and Dapper Denim ink.
5. Glue the square of Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper to the
back of the Dapper Denim layer behind the cut out of the
dragonfly. Tape/glue this layer to the White layer.
6. Put a line of Tombow down the center of the Vellum
dragonfly and insert it into the cut out in the Dapper Denim
layer. You will have to hold it a few seconds to get the glue
to stick to the Dazzling Diamond layer.
7. Using a strip of Mint Macaron, create your greeting piece and
use dimensionals to attach to the card front.
Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Dapper Denim, Vellum Cardstock, Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper
Ink: Dapper Denim
Other: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Project Life Cards & Labels Thinlits
Mint Macaron card base – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Whisper White – 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
Dapper Denim – 5″ x 3-3/4″
Vellum Cardstock – 3″ x 4″
Mint Macaron – 4-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ (for greeting)
Diamond Glimmer – 3-1/2″ square
If you would like to order the supplies for this card, please shop in my online store.
The Hostess Code thru the end of February 2017 is TWQSZNKX.
Have you tried to get your new Stampin’ Up! framelits or thinlits off that very sticky paper without bending them? My friend Susie Guenther gave me the following tip and it works slicker than you know what!
Lay the white card with the framelits attached face down on your work surface. Lift up the corner of the white card back to the first framelit. Place your bonefolder on the framelit and hold the framelit tightly against the work surface while you pull the white sticky card away from the framelit.
As you pull the white card away from the framelit, keep moving your bonefolder on the framelit. Once a framelit is released, move on to the next framelit until they are all set free.
Once they are all set free, I throw that card with the sticky tape on it in the trash. I found that if I stuck the framelits back on the card, you run into the same problem trying to get them free again.
I purchased magnetic sheets (25 sheets 5″ x 7″ Magnetic (20 mil) Adhesive Magnet) from Amazon and that’s what I transfer my framelits to after they have been set free.
Side Note: If you have a scanner, scan the sheet of framelits before you release them. Then, whether you just simply place them back in the envelope they came in or transfer them to a magnetic sheet, you have an image of the shapes that came with the set – always a great idea in case you lose one – then you know what is missing.
I hope you find this helpful!
Tammy and Tess sent their cards on time – I’m the one that is running late – with apologies!! These are the last two cards from the InkUp Holiday Mini Card Swap. Check the previous posts for the earlier cards that were posted for this swap. The girls did a marvelous job!
There will be a new card swap from the new Occasions Mini Catalog! Watch for details – coming soon! I hope you will considering joining the next swap.
Two more wonderful swap cards. Still more to come!
Following are the first of the InkUp Holiday Mini Card swaps. These are the ones I have received so far. As I receive the remainder, I will get them posted. Enjoy browsing and don’t forget to pin them to Pinterest.
More to come!
I had lots of fun making this “Tunnel Card”. It’s a technique that I saw on several blogs and decided to try it myself. I did it in a beach theme – go figure! I love this card format because it looks like a regular card from the front until you open it up and get a little surprise.
- For this card, I cut one piece of Lost Lagoon and one piece of Pool Party, both cut at 5-1/2” x 4-1/4”.
- Slide the piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock into your Simply Scored horizontally and score at 2-1/8”, 4-1/4” and 6-3/8”. Fold it at the 4-1/4” score and then fold the other two score marks creating a mountain and two valleys. Use one of the oval framelits and center it over the 4-1/4” fold and run through the Big Shot creating an oval ‘window’.
- Center this over the Pool Party piece of cardstock and make a few light pencil marks on the Pool Party layer around the oval cut so you will be able to tell where your ‘window’ is and be able to stamp your images so they will be visible.
- I decorated the Lost Lagoon layer with the oval window with the Fan Coral stamp from By the Tide in Crumb Cake. I then ran it through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. Hint: Stamp first and then run through with the Embossing Folder.
- Hint: Stamp the back layer before you score it! Stamp the Pool Party layer with the Turtle stamp with Crumb Cake, the Fan Coral stamp with Crumb Cake, the Seahorse with Wild Wasabi and the ‘scatter’ image from Gorgeous Grunge with Pool Party randomly in the background. I then inked the Jellyfish with Versamark and then with Lost Lagoon and stamped it; sprinkled Heat & Stick Powder on it and heated it and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over it to make it sparkle! After this layer is all stamped, score it at 4-1/4″
- Once I had all the background images stamped and scored, I laid the two panels together and glued them together putting glue only up to the two folds on each side of the top panel.
- I stamped ‘the little things’ from the Hello Life stamp set and cut it out with the Handpicked Framelits and glued in place to the inside front oval cut.
- For the card front: A Lost Lagoon layer 5-1/4” x 4” and a Pool Party layer 3-3/4” x 5”. I stamped the greeting from Hello Life on the Pool Party layer with Lost Lagoon ink. I stamped the Lighthouse with Crumb Cake. From the Work of Art stamp set, I used the swooshy stamp and Crumb Cake and make little hills under the Lighthouse. These two panels were glued together and then glued to the card front.
Ink: Lost Lagoon (133644), Crumb Cake (126975), Wild Wasabi (126959), Pool Party (126982), VersaMark (102283)
Cardstock: Pool Party (122924), Lost Lagoon (133679)
Other: Oval Framelits (129381), Heat & Stick Powder (100625), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (133751), Handpicked Framelits (137361), Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder (133739)
Technique: Tunnel Card